1957 Power Steering Dipstick & Fluid Level | Page 2 | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

1957 Power Steering Dipstick & Fluid Level

• Thread starter Thread starter Jeff_Lee
  • Start date Start date
Lares corp recommends using a “power steering” fluid without any stop leak additives in a system that has been rebuilt with modern seals.

I’m going to prime the system with a drill motor to hopefully keep it all clean, I was guessing around 3 qts.

Thanks!

20230418_202433.jpg

Throughout this build I’ve done nothing that has damaged the authenticity of my ‘55
I have the numbers correct everything to make this a concourse show contender.
I drove this car in HS, I have wanted to build it as a hotrod for a long time!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I agree with Ward57, I don’t think the dip stick is for much more than show. Like I said before, if you fill it to the full mark, from my experience, you’ll be doing some clean up of the engine compartment.
Never have had a blow back issue or mess. Just fill to the dip stick level and all is good. All I use is type 'F' and have never had an issue in either the trans or P/S system.

Back