1957 Won't Turn Over- Video Attached | Page 2 | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

1957 Won't Turn Over- Video Attached

• Thread starter Thread starter Tomba55
  • Start date Start date
Fully agree - you have a nearly dead battery.
Also it looks like you have one of the AGM reproduction batteries (do not add water tag is a giveaway). Those need a specific AGM rated charger. The supplier will not honor the warranty if the battery is damaged by a traditional wet lead/acid battery charger. The supplier also recommends charging the battery on the AGM 10A setting about every 90 days as the voltage regulator for a standard wet lead/acid battery will not keep an AGM fully charged.
I found out AFTER I bought the AGM reproduction when I complained to the vendor that it would not take a charge from the generator. So off to NAPA to buy a new $110 AGM charger, after the $400+ battery.... No issues since then with the AGM charger every few months. But I'm not planning to buy another ridiculously expensive AGM battery for an antique car.
Yah, I would just stick with standard lead/acid batteries. You can usually get 5 yrs out of them if treated correctly at a fraction of the cost.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Back