2002 2003 2004 2005 Ford Thunderbird Fuel Pump 4W4Z9H307AA | Page 2 | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

2002 2003 2004 2005 Ford Thunderbird Fuel Pump 4W4Z9H307AA

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Where can one purchase the float aka fuel gauge sending unit for the Left/Driver side; or the entire assembly for the Left/Driver side? I think the OEM for just the float/sending unit is yw4z 9275 AA and for the entire assembly yw4z 9275 BC, right? The passenger side/right pump was/is PS 149; the left may have been PS 117, right?

Where can one purchase the float aka fuel gauge sending unit for the Left/Driver side; or the entire assembly for the Left/Driver side? I think the OEM for just the float/sending unit is yw4z 9275 AA and for the entire assembly yw4z 9275 BC, right? The passenger side/right pump was/is PS 149; the left may have been PS 117, right?
I've been looking for a replacement left /drivers side pump for several days without luck. I understand this pump is passive and has no moving parts and normally never fails. My dealer thinks it may have a crack in the body as the new passenger side pump they installed still doesn't work so they are blaming it on the driver's side pump. If you happen to find one let us know.

I've been looking for a replacement left /drivers side pump for several days without luck. I understand this pump is passive and has no moving parts and normally never fails. My dealer thinks it may have a crack in the body as the new passenger side pump they installed still doesn't work so they are blaming it on the driver's side pump. If you happen to find one let us know.
Can you give more detail by "doesn't work"? I would think the main pump should still be able to supply some fuel to the engine. I agree the passive parts should not fail. Maybe a hose on the passive unit has failed? Did the dealer pull the passive unit? Same general procedure as the main pump. Also is the car crash rollover fuel cutoff switch properly engaged? It's behind driver's side kick panel (panel in front of door). The fuel float/gauge unit could rust out and cause inaccurate fuel gauge reading but would not cause fuel delivery problems.

Dealer says the new passenger side pump is only putting out 7 psi and blames it on the drivers side pump. They think it may have a crack in the body. I have a replacement on the way and will ask the dealer if they thought to reset the fuel pump and disconnect the battery. This is the third fuel pump in 5 years with only 14K on the car. I will do a failure analysis on the drivers side pump when it’s removed.

Dealer says the new passenger side pump is only putting out 7 psi and blames it on the drivers side pump. They think it may have a crack in the body. I have a replacement on the way and will ask the dealer if they thought to reset the fuel pump and disconnect the battery. This is the third fuel pump in 5 years with only 14K on the car. I will do a failure analysis on the drivers side pump when it’s removed.
Where are you getting a replacement drivers side from?

Back