2002 dual coolant control valve. | Page 2 | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

2002 dual coolant control valve.

• Thread starter Thread starter Gus Gutz
  • Start date Start date
I changed my DCCV in the hopes it would alleviate my a/c issues, I’m sad to report after breaking my butt for 3 hrs or more it was not the culprit. I plan on bringing RETROBIRD into a Ford shop In Myrtle Beach before summer and have them go over the system. I had the system dye tested twice and recharged, once from my local dealer and then an a/c shop. Gonna try a different dealer.
Wish me luck...
What are the problems & symptoms?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

What are the problems & symptoms?
The problem is after 15 yrs the a/c was not putting out cold air, cool at best. I recharged the system myself and it was fine for awhile. The following year it back to being cool so i brought it to a highly recommended a/c shop. They dye tested the system and found no issues so they recharged it. Again it worked fine for awhile. I then needed work done that only Ford could do and I asked them to check out the a/c system while they had it. Again, dye tested and recharged with the same result a few months later. That was last year and with Covid-19 I decided to hold off till 2021. I am looking to bring it to a different Ford repair shop. I’m not worried about expense, I just want it fixed.
I read that the DCCV could be a possible fix so I gave it a shot

Back