Black and Blue Bird | Page 2 | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Black and Blue Bird

• Thread starter Thread starter Gobird
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
GoBird-

Sorry to hear about the incident. Glad that neither of you were hurt.

Be thankful you aren't in Iowa-people here have a real problem with using signals to change lanes, or checking to make sure it's clear. Defensive driving is the word here-I can't think of a day that goes by when I'm not avoiding someone trying to move into the spot my Thunderbird and I are occupying at that particular time.

BTW-just looked at the picture you posted-chances are both areas can be repaired, without too much fuss. The black area is repairable by GENTLY sanding and buffing, using 1500-2000 grit wet sandpaper, then refinishing. The dent can probably be pulled and refinished, since it is not in the bodyline.
------------------
**********, **************************

-

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Gobird-
I hope you can get your T-bird fixed as good as new. Just to let you know, I do understand how difficult it would be for you to replace your bird. Not to mention how the dealers tend to mark those up. My nephew has a mustang bullitt and it was hit really badly by an SUV-thank goodness he wasn't hurt, but since that car was a limited production run car, it was not possible to replace, he had to try and fix it. I am currently purchasing a dream cruiser and they are only making 7500 of them. I hope that no one will damage it, as it will be difficult to replace. The difference between a T-bird and these other two cars is the price. Which is why I hope for the best for you in your situation. I really like the new birds, they are pretty. Haven't driven one, but I suppose that is a great experience. Again, best of luck and I hope everything turns out well. Thank goodness it wasn't worse, but rest assured, I DO feel your pain!

------------------
Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back