Door ajar light | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Door ajar light

• Thread starter Thread starter Snake
  • Start date Start date
S
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
i have a 1996 tbird and the door ajar light is on I've checked all things that I could think of and nothing is working I'm kinda stumped all help would be appreciated

This page contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

i have a 1996 tbird and the door ajar light is on I've checked all things that I could think of and nothing is working I'm kinda stumped all help would be appreciated

My 96 LX does that too. My moonroof doesn't work right...won't close all-the-way flush. I've been wondering if my car thinks the "open roof" is a "door ajar" ? It's unlikely, but it would sorta make sense. Anyway, good luck, and let me know!!!

I have the same "door ajar" issue with my 96. I removed both door jamb switched. Interior lights turned off (as the should) but the "door ajar" light stayed on. I guess I could take the bulb out but I'm weird about that kinda stuff. I like things to work.
Any ideas?
TIA

Take a look at this.
I didn't check mine yet.

There is a sensor in the door latch mechanism that is probably sticky. Try spraying some WD-40 type lube up into the latch mechanism.

Back