Find out how rare your car is... | Page 10 | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Find out how rare your car is...

• Thread starter Thread starter Quickdraw
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T-Bill

Hi new to this, just bought my 02 Tbird last Sat. Since this is a Canadian car, not sure if it is a deluxe or a Premium model, it is black on black with the full red door, dash and top of steering wheel inserts, has the black hard top too . It has the automatic and manual mode tranny. The vin number is
1fahp60a42y128620. It is a sweet ride, just have a little leak by the passenger side window near where the top meets the window, but that is it. It gets the looks, not many of them around up here on the west coast of Canada.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

2FAST4U said:
I have a 2002 T-Bird, blue with blue hardtop, full blue accent interior, premium chrome wheels, supplemental parking lamps...how many were made like that?
When I bought it, it did not have the supplemental parking lamps since they could not be had from the factory like that in Canada. I had to buy the parts and have them installed. It also had the grey painted wheels, but I changed them to get the correct, original 7-spoke premium chrome wheels. Does these two changes make a difference in my car's rarity? Thanks!
Claude 🙂

Yes any changes you make to your car makes it different but there is no way of knowing how many have been modified like yours. As it left the factory yours is one of 454. If yours left the factory with the modifications you did, it would have been one of 3778.

T-Bill said:
Hi new to this, just bought my 02 Tbird last Sat. Since this is a Canadian car, not sure if it is a deluxe or a Premium model, it is black on black with the full red door, dash and top of steering wheel inserts, has the black hard top too . It has the automatic and manual mode tranny. The vin number is
1fahp60a42y128620. It is a sweet ride, just have a little leak by the passenger side window near where the top meets the window, but that is it. It gets the looks, not many of them around up here on the west coast of Canada.

I do not think the SST (manual mode tranny) was available for the 2002 - the previous owner probably did the modification. With the only available breakdown we have for the 2002 the Canadian Birds are classified as "Deluxe" because they came with painted wheels and yours is one of 209. Canadian Birds are not labeled as "Deluxe" and "Premium" but as "Standard" and "Popular"

.....Hi T-Bill.....Be prepared to enjoy a unique ownership experience!......congrats from one Canadian Spec. 'Bird owner to another......Just wonder where in the west you are?......I'm in Calgary....... 😀

Tbill

Hi 00Mustang, Victoria, BC. is where myself and my 02 TBird are located. I am still getting used to all the stares and improntu chats this car brings. I have only had it about three weeks, it was one of five lease returns at the local Ford dealer in town, but it was the nicest color combo, black on black on red. Little sad to see the 95 Stang conv't go but love the feel of this car. Only 11,000kms on it too!

T-Bill said:

Sorry T-bill, this VIN isn't in the system I access. If you are sure the number is correct probably the dealer can find out the build date when you take the car in for service. They have access to a different system than is available to me.

.....Hi T-Bill....used to live in Victoria at one point.....also lived in North Van. for about 15 years....mine was a lease return also....had 8000km. on it......now has 34000km. .....I wonder how many of us are former Mustang owners?......Cheers! 😀

Quickdraw said:
Tell me the year, color of body & top, what interior and if it’s a Deluxe or Premium and I’ll tell you how many were made like yours. Sorry, can only do '02s & '03s - they’re still making 2004s so that data won’t be available until July.

Unless you state otherwise Premium with the removable hardtop assumed.

My ‘02 Blue/Blue/Black Accent Premium is one of 840 made.

QUICKDRAW: My Thunderbird is a 2004. It is a "Premium" that is Merlot (both the body and hardtop). It has the light sand interior and convertible top.

Is there a way to find out what date it was actually manufactured if I post the VIN, or is there some security reason I shouldn't post the VIN?

Thanks.

--- 'Rumpole'

Rumpole said:
QUICKDRAW: My Thunderbird is a 2004. It is a "Premium" that is Merlot (both the body and hardtop). It has the light sand interior and convertible top.

Is there a way to find out what date it was actually manufactured if I post the VIN, or is there some security reason I shouldn't post the VIN?

Thanks.

--- 'Rumpole'

Rumpole,

Yes I can find the build date with the VIN. If you can find a way to abuse VIN numbers for profit let me know because I can go to any car dealer or parking lot and collect them by the ton. Theres a bunch of VINs here: http://forums.thunderbirdforum.com/showthread.php?t=2585 If you still aren't comfortable posting it you can PM me.

Merlot/Merlot/Sand/SST/7 spoke wheels is one of 1,322
Merlot/Merlot/Sand/SST/16 spoke wheels is one of 1,257
Merlot/Merlot/Sand/non-SST/7 spoke wheels is one of 165
Merlot/Merlot/Sand/non-SST/16 spoke wheels is one of 118

Rumpole

Quickdraw said:
Rumpole,

Yes I can find the build date with the VIN. If you can find a way to abuse VIN numbers for profit let me know because I can go to any car dealer or parking lot and collect them by the ton. Theres a bunch of VINs here: http://forums.thunderbirdforum.com/showthread.php?t=2585 If you still aren't comfortable posting it you can PM me.

Merlot/Merlot/Sand/SST/7 spoke wheels is one of 1,322
Merlot/Merlot/Sand/SST/16 spoke wheels is one of 1,257
Merlot/Merlot/Sand/non-SST/7 spoke wheels is one of 165
Merlot/Merlot/Sand/non-SST/16 spoke wheels is one of 118

Quickdraw:

After asking my (I now realize stupid) question about the VIN, I happend upon the "Registry" section here in this site and saw about a thousand VINs. I am new to sites like this so there is a little learning curve for me... sorry.

My VIN number is: 1FAHP60A147112507 - the sequence number is 1739. And thanks for doing this for me.

By the way, mine is in the top group above... appearently the most popular car built in 2004. It is the only one I saw like it in the Sacramento, CA area when I bought it (in September of 04) and I thought I was getting the rarest "Bird" of all...oh well.

--- Rumple

Rumpole said:
Quickdraw:

After asking my (I now realize stupid) question about the VIN, I happend upon the "Registry" section here in this site and saw about a thousand VINs. I am new to sites like this so there is a little learning curve for me... sorry.

My VIN number is: 1FAHP60A147112507 - the sequence number is 1739. And thanks for doing this for me.

By the way, mine is in the top group above... appearently the most popular car built in 2004. It is the only one I saw like it in the Sacramento, CA area when I bought it (in September of 04) and I thought I was getting the rarest "Bird" of all...oh well.

--- Rumple

No need to be sorry - lots of people are wary of posting their VINs and I get lots of them VIA PM from people who don't want that info public.

Yes, your's is the most popular configuration for 2004 - more that ten percent of all 2004s were exactly like yours. While some people would argue its better to have a one of a kind (like the Mint Green with a black Hardtop) but to my thinking it has to be easier to sell the most requested combination.

And I forgot to say I can't check your build date until tomorrow at work....

Oceanside901

I am curious to know how many of mine were made. 2002 Torch Red with full interior color Acc Pkg. I'm not sure if I have Delux or Prem. because I do have 7 spoke chrome wheels but as far as I can tell I don't have heated seats.....guess I don't need them here in Florida anyway! 🙂......Marcia

Oceanside901 said:
I am curious to know how many of mine were made. 2002 Torch Red with full interior color Acc Pkg. I'm not sure if I have Delux or Prem. because I do have 7 spoke chrome wheels but as far as I can tell I don't have heated seats.....guess I don't need them here in Florida anyway! 🙂......Marcia

If you have the chrome wheels you should also have the traction control and yours is a Premium. None of he 2002s had heated seats.

2002 Premium red/red hardtop/full red interior is one of 3,124
2002 Premium red/no hardtop/full red interior is one of 279

Rumpole said:
Quickdraw:

--- Rumple

Rumple,
1FAHP60A14Y112507
Date Ordered: 5/26/2004
Date Built: 6/24/2004
At Dealer: 7/29/2004
Sold Date: 9/12/2004

There's a way to find out from the sequence number exactly how many 2004's were built before yours... give me another day to find that info...

(by the way - the 11th digit of a new Tbird VIN is always "Y")

Quickdraw said:
Rumple,
1FAHP60A14Y112507
Date Ordered: 5/26/2004
Date Built: 6/24/2004
At Dealer: 7/29/2004
Sold Date: 9/12/2004

There's a way to find out from the sequence number exactly how many 2004's were built before yours... give me another day to find that info...

(by the way - the 11th digit of a new Tbird VIN is always "Y")

Thank You (!) 😀 Quickdraw for looking this up for me. I really do appreicate your efforts. Rumpole.

Rumpole,

How did you know about the rotation or sequence number? I found this information at another site:
=============================
What is a "rotation number?"
VIN's are assigned well before that car actually starts getting built, therefore it may not be in the actual order that that car goes down the assembly line. A "rotation number" is assigned to the car when it starts down the assembly line. This is a 4 digit number for the Thunderbird. The first series went from 0001 up to 9960 and then started over again. by knowing your VIN # and rotation # you can figure out the actual build or sequence number for your car. For example: my car's VIN # is 119005 with a rotation number of 8588. Because of it's high VIN #, I need to add 9960 to 8588 to get my sequence # of 18548.
====================================

So.... for your VIN 1FAHP60A14Y112507, to find out what number 2004 it was to be built, since your VIN is over 109680 we just add 9960 to your rotation number to determine it was the 11,699th 2004 Thunderbird to roll down the line. (9960+1739). All new Thunderbirds start with a VIN of 100000 so the very first VIN assigned was 100001.

Quickdraw said:
Rumpole,

How did you know about the rotation or sequence number? I found this information at another site:
=============================
What is a "rotation number?"
VIN's are assigned well before that car actually starts getting built, therefore it may not be in the actual order that that car goes down the assembly line. A "rotation number" is assigned to the car when it starts down the assembly line. This is a 4 digit number for the Thunderbird. The first series went from 0001 up to 9960 and then started over again. by knowing your VIN # and rotation # you can figure out the actual build or sequence number for your car. For example: my car's VIN # is 119005 with a rotation number of 8588. Because of it's high VIN #, I need to add 9960 to 8588 to get my sequence # of 18548.
====================================

So.... for your VIN 1FAHP60A14Y112507, to find out what number 2004 it was to be built, since your VIN is over 109680 we just add 9960 to your rotation number to determine it was the 11,699th 2004 Thunderbird to roll down the line. (9960+1739). All new Thunderbirds start with a VIN of 100000 so the very first VIN assigned was 100001.

Quickdraw:
When I started to put my car into the "Registry" section on this website, it asked for the sequence or rotation number and there was a drop-down window that indentified what it was and where to look for it on the car.

---Rumpole

This is great!!

I have a 2003 Torch Red, Premium package- manual and auto shift, full red and black interior package. Love my car!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back