Find out how rare your car is... | Page 13 | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Find out how rare your car is...

• Thread starter Thread starter Quickdraw
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
00mustng said:
.....I think that's a great colour combination you have! I've never seen the colour in the flesh.....it suites the car so well in the pictures I've seen.....awesome!......Hopefully there will be one at T-Bird meet in Portland next week......

Thank you, I drove it to the office today and everyone was asking whose car it was. They all seemed to really like the color combo. It does get noticed.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Quickdraw said:
T-Bird05,

It takes a few days to update the dealer info so I don't show a sold date yet...

1FAHP60A25Y103977
Date Ordered: 10/8/2004
Date Built: 12/8/2004
At Dealer: 12/16/2004
Sold Date:

With the 7 spoke wheels yours is one of 561...

Harry

Thanks for the update. The paperwork shows a Aug 3, 2005 sold date, day I picked it up and signed all of that paperwork. It's worth it!!

I find it amazing that you can locate all of this data. Thank you!!

Thanks so much Quickdraw

Hey 🙂

Thanks so much for the info. on my car. I was excited to find that it was one of 169 made.

The dealership did put the "clear" seal stripping between the hardtop and the body of the car, but after the first wash, it got air bubbles under it that you can't get out and it looks really tacky. When we put the hardtop back on, we plan to be more careful in putting it entirely hidden under the black seal of the top so you won't be able to see any of it on the outside. It came with quite a few extras. Nobody cares about your car like you do, right?? 🙂

This site is fun to read and helpful, as well. I appreciate it.

Has anyone had problems with their shifting patterns? We did take our 2004 in to switch out the transmission fluid, as per letter we received from Ford re: a problem with this, but I'm having problems with it in spite of it. When I go from Park to Reverse, it clunks and lurches back. Reverse to Neutral is a bit smoother, but still rough. Neutral to Drive5 you can't really get a feel if it's locked in all the way. Drive5 to Drive4 is ok (at least one works fine). The other thing is that I've noticed sometimes the car seems to surge, almost like I'm pushing my foot up and down on the gas pedal, but I'm not. Other times, it rides like glass, and responds perfectly. I love it to death, but think we need to get it looked at while it's still under warranty. I'm just curious to see if anyone else has had similar problems, esp. with the 2004's.

Happy Driving To All You Birds Out There!!! 😎
Jillybird

Jillybird said:
Hey 🙂

Thanks so much for the info. on my car. I was excited to find that it was one of 169 made.

The dealership did put the "clear" seal stripping between the hardtop and the body of the car, but after the first wash, it got air bubbles under it that you can't get out and it looks really tacky. When we put the hardtop back on, we plan to be more careful in putting it entirely hidden under the black seal of the top so you won't be able to see any of it on the outside. It came with quite a few extras. Nobody cares about your car like you do, right?? 🙂

This site is fun to read and helpful, as well. I appreciate it.

Has anyone had problems with their shifting patterns? We did take our 2004 in to switch out the transmission fluid, as per letter we received from Ford re: a problem with this, but I'm having problems with it in spite of it. When I go from Park to Reverse, it clunks and lurches back. Reverse to Neutral is a bit smoother, but still rough. Neutral to Drive5 you can't really get a feel if it's locked in all the way. Drive5 to Drive4 is ok (at least one works fine). The other thing is that I've noticed sometimes the car seems to surge, almost like I'm pushing my foot up and down on the gas pedal, but I'm not. Other times, it rides like glass, and responds perfectly. I love it to death, but think we need to get it looked at while it's still under warranty. I'm just curious to see if anyone else has had similar problems, esp. with the 2004's.

Happy Driving To All You Birds Out There!!! 😎
Jillybird

How many miles did you have on the car before you got the trans fluid additive and how long have you had it in? My understanding is that the additive was to correct the "harsh" shifting. Use the term "harsh shifting" when you talk to the service poeple as that term is in their problem database and they have at least two TSBs (Technical Service Bulletin) on the problem -but one may not be for 2004s.

T-Bird05 said:
~~~

I find it amazing that you can locate all of this data. Thank you!!

It helps to have connections with Ford. <grin>

Quickdraw said:
It helps to have connections with Ford. <grin>

Quickdraw... Do you have data on the total number of T-birds built in 02,03,04 and 05 in the various colors? Did Ford build more each year or less?

How does it compare to the build numbers of say the Explorer or other Ford models.

It seems that I have not seen as many late model T-birds as I do Explorers. Something that I am very happy about. 🙂

T-Bird05 said:
Quickdraw... Do you have data on the total number of T-birds built in 02,03,04 and 05 in the various colors? Did Ford build more each year or less?

How does it compare to the build numbers of say the Explorer or other Ford models.

It seems that I have not seen as many late model T-birds as I do Explorers. Something that I am very happy about. 🙂

Because the 2003 engine was delayed they actually made 2002 Thunderbirds for about 17 months and the 2003 Thunderbird was only built for about 8 months... keep this in mind as you view the yearly TB production.

2002 = 31,121 (17)
2003 = 14,506 (8)
2004 = 12,671 (12)
2005 = 9,220 (12)
Total = 67,518

I don't have Explorer production numbers but for July 2005 alone Ford sold over 32,000 of them. That means in about two months time Ford makes about as many Explorers as the total Thunderbirds made for all four years.

How Rare?

Hi Quickdraw,
I am a new member and curious how rare my Canadian PCR is. I bought it new in May of 2004 from Murphy Ford in Pembroke Ontario Canada. He had to bring it up from somewhere south west of London Ontario.
My VIN is 1FAHP63A14Y107058.
I believe there are very few Canadian PCR's. Mine has all the stickers, gauges, speedo, etc, etc in metric.
Just love my bird, & would like to know how many like mine are in Canada.
Thanks in advance if you can help me out.
CanadianPCR

Hi Quickdraw,
I am a new member and curious how rare my Canadian PCR is. I bought it new in May of 2004 from Murphy Ford in Pembroke Ontario Canada. He had to bring it up from somewhere south west of London Ontario.
My VIN is 1FAHP63A14Y107058.
I believe there are very few Canadian PCR's. Mine has all the stickers, gauges, speedo, etc, etc in metric.
Just love my bird, & would like to know how many like mine are in Canada.
Thanks in advance if you can help me out.
CanadianPCR

Order Date: 6/9/2003
Date Built: 2/6/2004
At Dealer: 2/16/2004
Sold Date: 4/30/2004 Sold by Murphy Ford Sales, Pembroke, ON
Of course you know there were 1,000 PCRs made... only five were made for Canada, four for Ontatio and one for New Brunswick.

Welcome to the forum and thank you for being a contributing member!

Hi, just wondering how many of mine where made. My Tbird is a 2002 all blue with blue top and all blue accent, made for Canada. viv number 1FAHP60A32Y131198. I heard 407 where made, and made in the Michigan plant.

Hi, just wondering how many of mine where made. My Tbird is a 2002 all blue with blue top and all blue accent, made for Canada. viv number 1FAHP60A32Y131198. I heard 407 where made, and made in the Michigan plant.

Order Date: 9/27/2002
Date Built: 11/7/2002
At Dealer: 11/11/2002
Sold Date: 5/2/2003 Sold by James Braden Ford, Kingston, ON
Your 2002 Thunderbird blue, blue hardtop, full blue interior, 21 spoke painted wheels is one of 455 made like that.
Yes, When we limit those specs to Canadian built Thunderbirds it brings yours down to 407, I must have given you that number sometime in the past. 176 of that 407 went to Ontario. All 2002-2005 Thunderbirds were built at the Wixom Michigan plant.

Order Date: 9/27/2002
Date Built: 11/7/2002
At Dealer: 11/11/2002
Sold Date: 5/2/2003 Sold by James Braden Ford, Kingston, ON
Your 2002 Thunderbird blue, blue hardtop, full blue interior, 21 spoke painted wheels is one of 455 made like that.
Yes, When we limit those specs to Canadian built Thunderbirds it brings yours down to 407, I must have given you that number sometime in the past. 176 of that 407 went to Ontario. All 2002-2005 Thunderbirds were built at the Wixom Michigan plant.

Thank you very much for that info.

Do you have any info on my other Tbird. It is a 1996 3.8L. pearl in color. vin number 1FALP6247TH186644. any info would be nice. I don't have any now. Thank you

How rare is my T-Bird

I have a 2002 Red, Full Color, All Options. I think it was a very popular color and probably not rare.

Just Curious how many were built.

Thanks,

Densbird

I have a 2002 Red, Full Color, All Options. I think it was a very popular color and probably not rare.

Just Curious how many were built.

Thanks,

Densbird

Yep, 3,135 of them made for 2002 - its the second most popular combination of colors & options for all four years (2002 triple black was #1)

I am interested in knowing any information about this Bird, 1FAHP60A22Y113761.
Thanks in advance

Silverfox,
1FAHP60A22Y113761
Order Date: 1/12/2002
Date built: 3/22/2002
At Dealer: 4/3/2002
Sold Date: 4/29/2002 Sold by Bowen Scarff Ford Sales, Kent, WA

Your premium 2002 black, black hardtop, full red interior, 7 spoke chrome wheels is one of 1,047 made like this.

Vehicle history

Tell me the year - 2003
color of body & top - red and red
what interior - Black accent package (the $295 thing)
Deluxe or Premium - Premium

and I’ll tell you how many were made like yours.

Thanks,

BobC

Tell me the year - 2003
color of body & top - red and red
what interior - Black accent package (the $295 thing)
Deluxe or Premium - Premium

and I’ll tell you how many were made like yours.

Thanks,

BobC

1FAHP60A83Y109263
Order Date: 2/25/2003
Date Built: 4/2/2003
AT Dealer: 4/15/2003
Sold Date: 10/11/2003 Sold by Ricart Ford, Columbus, OH
Your premium 2003 red, red hardtop, black accent interior, SST, and 7 spoke chrome wheels is one of 396 made like that.

Tell me the year - 1994
color of body & top - red and white
what interior - bright red cloth
Deluxe or Premium - n/a

Hello Mr McGraw. I do not own a thunderbird. My husband usta own a 97 though. I have this little mustang convertible. Ive had it for 11 years and have been dying to know how many were made (other than how many over all in a particular exterior color) The reason being is that it had red interior. These were only available in 94-95, on specific exterior colors, and had to be special ordered (usually by fleet dealerships and rental companies)

I can understand if you wont/cannot do it, due to its age and model. I just thought I'd ask, just in case you can/will. I know certain ford employees can break down the numbers by the options, but cant find anyone who can help, and Ford will only release numbers of the car overall (not even by color)

Rather than make another thread in your "what day?" thread, I would also like to know this information as well. Im pretty sure I know what day it rolled off the assembly line, but still would like to know everything else, especially if there was a dealer involved.

If it helps you any at all the VIN is 1FALP444XRF216063, exterior e8 (rio red), interior 6f (bright red).

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back