Hot off the press Warranty Extension | Page 2 | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Hot off the press Warranty Extension

• Thread starter Thread starter Frodo
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cops

I had them do the test because I KNEW there was an issue. They ran it and it came back clean. Really odd. I told them to make SURE they test drove it after doing the other work requested (steering wheel squeak, LOF). They did and felt the misfire after getting the car good an hot. Serv Mgr told me that the computer would not register the issue unless it happened twice within a certain period of time. (huh?) Turned out the #5 cylinder was the culprit. As they found the issue, I did not have to pay for the stress test after all. 🙂

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Magic:
You are the Man!!! Did everything right; stood your ground, made them test drive it, and proved to them that there was an issue. Even got your $180 off the tab. 😎
Too bad the customer has to walk dealers through the steps, exactly what they should be doing as a good business practice🙁.

BTW, that steering squeek should have been done under TSB and at no charge

update on my coil problem

dealer has had car for over 1 month. gave me a free dealer mobile to drive. finally accepting fact its the coil prob as in th e extended warranty and ford has agreed to pay 80% for replacing all coils. mine is a 2004 made in wixom plant on 1/8/2004 same factory and engines as all the 2003 covered under the extended coil debacle. jeeeeez....being persistant does pay off. my hats off to the black mountain NC ford dealership service department for helping this to happen....patman

dealer has had car for over 1 month. gave me a free dealer mobile to drive. finally accepting fact its the coil prob as in th e extended warranty and ford has agreed to pay 80% for replacing all coils. mine is a 2004 made in wixom plant on 1/8/2004 same factory and engines as all the 2003 covered under the extended coil debacle. jeeeeez....being persistant does pay off. my hats off to the black mountain NC ford dealership service department for helping this to happen....patman
Patrick:
Were you still under the original warranty or the extended warranty??

coil recall

car had 75K on it when I purcchased it. So it was a 2004 ford covered on the ford recall. Everything on it was about new now that ford fixed it, but I was so affected by all the stress of it all I sold it. Traded it in...Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back