Tbirds on hold !!! | Page 2 | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Tbirds on hold !!!

• Thread starter Thread starter charliefed
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Redbird.

I didn't know you were in the plant. I am trying to hook up with some of the other owners in the area to compare notes.

Please email me. I expected that with a build date of 3/25/02 my car would be started soon but not complete until late next week. If the first hundred 114000's have already shown up at your station, mine should be rolling out about Tuesday or Wednesday?
cool.gif

I am in Novi. How far do you drive to the plant?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

charliefed - I can't check on your bird, I can only check on what units are going down the line. If they had to change the front cover, it's probably done by now so shouldn't be too long before you see it. It might also have been delayed waiting for a new airbag along with hundreds of other birds and LSs built earlier this month.

bluebird2002 - Sorry, can't say where I work. They built the 14000s early in the week, today all birds were 13000s.

I heard from David Davis at Wixom today. They finally shipped my car (12778) last Friday, two weeks to the day after it was built. He acknowledged a quality inspection had been completed but gave no details. Don't know what or why, just very glad it's finally on the way to SC. It's coming by rail. My dealer said that will probably take two weeks. Ford's original delivery promise was this week.

------------------
Charlie
Blue/Blue Premium w/full accent
Built but not delivered
VIN 12778

Called Dave Davis this morning and he confirmed that my bird (114304) was on the final line.

Made arrangements to pick up my two sons and take them to the plant after school. We got to see them finish the car, wheels, seats, etc.

It is setting 4 from the end of the line and will go thru quality check and water test tomorrow morning.

It is great to have a personal advocate at the plant who will take the time to walk a family around to see the cars.

Dave doesn't want any attention but he deserves a lot of credit for the satisfaction the owners have for this car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back