toy model cars | Page 2 | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

toy model cars

• Thread starter Thread starter bluestare
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vic, received the 1/24th scale 'Bird today, however it is yellow, not white. I have contacted overgoatlantic.com to see what gives. I would recommend you do not order until I can get this straightened out. I'll keep you posted.

Blue Heaven
Blue Premium w/partial accent
02 Black Taurus SE (the daily workhorse)

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I just found out that the diecast dealer I have been buying most of my cars from for the past 15 years is taking orders on the "Bond Girl" coral Thunderbird (1/18th scale). The item number is 100013 and the price is $24.95 plus shipping (they are located outside Boston). Stock is due in sometime this month or early Sept. You can check out their website at www.exoticar.com or call 1-800-348-9159.

02 black Taurus SE (the daily workhorse)

thanks for that tip. just ordered the bond bird in 1/18. now i have all seven. anyone know of a grey or blue 2003 available yet?

------------------
Gary L Henkel

It's been well over a month since I've posted here as I'm using another message board.

The only 1/24 or 1/25 scale white bird that has been made was for the those that got in on the Thunderbird Collection from Ford last year.

------------------
mike biddle
the New Thunderbird
--------------------
As you can tell, tbird is blanking out my website address. If you need to find it, just do a web search on my real name.

-

I enjoy the enthusiasm you members express on your diecast finds. The old Maisto show car is pale yellow and not white. As an avid and well known Thunderbird collector, I can assure you, no factory made white diecast 1:24 has been made. You could buy a Wheels of Fire kit (cheap) and spray it white and build it up, or buy a cheap yellow diecast, disassemble it and paint it and put it back together. You'd have one of a kinds!!
Steve Legel

Thanks for the info Steve. I think that is what I will probably do (I have a spare yellow). My only concern is that I may not be able to save the Tampo decals that are on the car. I'll have to come up with something. Take Care!

By the way,

The official Ford Diecast I received is the MAISTO 1:25 scale. I have the RED but the MAISTO site mentioned in this thread only lists the Black (MAI-31966BLK) and the Blue (MAI-31966MB)

HKS

RaceRoger, there are a number of Maisto 1/18th scale blue ones on e-bay right now. I have two of them, the color is as close as you can get. You can also get them from exoticar.com, I think they get $24.00 ea. If you want a smaller version, Maisto also makes a 1/25th version. The only drawback to any of these is that they have the 24 spoke painted wheels, not the 7 spoke chrome ones most of us have. Other then that, the quality is pretty good. Good hunting!!

------------------
02 Black Taurus SE

I bought a Maisto 1:18 YELLOW 2002 Ford Thunderbird metal car model for $9.87 at Sam's Wholesale club here in Houston. They had 2-3 pallets of a variety Maisto car models. I just kept digging until I found a "T" bird

Sam's Club is periodically a good source for diecast. I found a black and a red there last year and paid about $9.99 ea.

------------------
02 Black Taurus SE

I bought the Maisto 1/18 blue 02 at a Target store in FL while on vacation a few weeks ago.

Then I bought a Maisto 1/18 red 02 for my wife at a WalMart here in northern VA. She wants the real thing, maybe in the near future? It would be kind of fun to have a his/hers and trade every so often.

Then I bought a Majorette 1/18 blue 55 on EBay, just arrived today, sweet. I think this is the only 1/18 blue 55.

Then I bought a Ertl 1/18 blue 57 on EBay, should arrive soon. It appears to be nicer than the Yatming model...the Ertl goes for about 2-3x price of Yatming. Also, the Ertl doesn't have the Continental kit, Yatming does.

I wanted to have the classic birds upon which the new bird is based, and in the blue colors.

That's it for me, I don't want all colors and special issue colors, etc. etc. etc.

------------------
PK- Blue/Full Blue/Blue Top #16336

Anybody know where I can get a red 1/18th with premium wheels and a standard black interior. Even the #4 collection item had the deluxe wheels, I thought it was supposed to be a replica of the car we bought.

------------------
Jim Williams
red/red/std blk premium #2 of 2 VIN 1FAHP60A62Y111592
Mass. tag JWBIRD

Every color and scale that I have (both 1/25 and 1/18) all have deluxe wheels and full interior accent package. I do not beleive there are any diecast made with the seven spoke premium wheels.

------------------
02 Black Taurus SE

I just got the 1/25th scale, from Walmart, in a kit form from Maisto. It was 9 bucks, black with red inserts. It also had the removeable hardtop. Not bad I think, for quality, just like the larger 1/18. Also gives you 2 wheel options. had to dig for it, its in the model section.

------------------
2002 Thunderbird blue
2001 Mag Red Corvette vert.
2000 Aqua Marine PT Cruiser
1968 Rally Red Corvette roadster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back