Why did you buy your Thunderbird | Page 3 | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Why did you buy your Thunderbird

• Thread starter Thread starter Marketing Project
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a 68 year old geezer who was training to be an AF Jet Fighter Pilot in the late 50s. (That was hot stuff back then.)I fell in love with the 56-57 birds but was too tight to buy one.

But now, I can buy what I want, and I did!!!!
We love it....there are only about 6 or so yellow birds in Minnesota.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Little different from your guy's Bird's but I bought mine because I fell in love with them too, got my first one when I was 16, and I have picked up another one since (20 now) which is a '91 Sport (pretty rare in itself) and is powered by the old 5.0L.

http://members.*********/okcbird/images/sport_97lights4.jpg

http://members.*********/okcbird/images/leatherdone.jpg

Hope I can be welcome here as another Thunderbird owner in our great heritage.

-J. Turmel

------------------
1991 Ford Thunderbird 5.0

I first saw the new Tbird on the freeway. I caught a glimpse of a porthole window and knew right away that I needed to do a web search for info on the new models. Since then I have pretty much pestered my wife with every bit of new info I have managed to find. Saturday we finally made our purchase: '02 Red with Red top. Looks good, feels good. My mother enjoyed being driven around for her birthday.
My love for the Thunderbird started because my grandfather had 2 white birds and 1 black bird (57's and 55 I think). I have to get some pix to send to him so he can see what he drove me into doing. 🙂
At 34 I think I am the third youngest here with a '02?

I too am 34 years old, but I read somewhere else of younger people (25+/-) buying the T-Bird.

I love Ford cars. I have owned a Mustang GT, 5.0 LX Convertible, Bronco, 97 T-Bird, and currently the 02 T-Bird (Yellow) and 1985 Mustang GT Convertible.

I was really waiting for Ford to offer the Mustang on the DEW98 Platform, but when the T-Bird was made available on it, it just made sense to buy it because noone really enjoyed riding in the back seat of the Mustang anyway.

I always loved the T-Bird over the years and remember the Red one from the TV show Vegas. I planned to one day buy a 55-57 and the 02 is as close as it gets and really better since I not only get an instant classic, but a reliable daily driver. I drive mine everyday and did not get the hard top because I knew it would never be on the car. I had the top down yesturday (1-14-3) on my way home. The advantages of living in Texas. It was 60+ degrees yesturday. It was in the 70's last week. It does get colder (40's today), but we always have warm days year round.

In direct answer to your question:
1. Great looks from car and from people.
2. Great engine.
3. Convertible, I love them.
4. FORD
5. It is safer than the Honda Interceptor VFR800FXI motorcycle it replaced. My wife really pushed this issue since I routinely road wheelies and tried to increase my land speed records (168 mph speedo reading).

I know alot of these cars have been sold, but I rarely see any driving down the road. Maybe one every couple weeks. Most are kept in garages and drive on the weekend. I still get people coming up to me to see the car and they have been out since summer of 01. Since I love talking cars this fits my personality perfectly.

Well I know your report was do in November, I just wanted to add to this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back